Job Code: #16230
Title: Cloud Security Engineer
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Cloud Security Engineer
Our client has an immediate opening for a Cloud Security Engineer in the Phoenix, AZ area
Cloud Security Engineer
A Cloud Security Engineer collaborates with colleagues in Information Technology and throughout business units to define the framework for security standards and compliance of security controls for cloud technologies. A Cloud Security Engineer is an active participant in designing, deploying and configuring cloud security infrastructure to protect sensitive data on-premises and the cloud services environment. An individual provide assistance with all Information Security Cloud Governance, Risk and Compliance initiatives as needed.
- Maintain compliance to internal and external regulations, security policies, standards, and procedures, including but not limited to PCI, SOX, and GLBA.
- Monitor and recommend changes in Cloud strategies and standards that affect Information Security, especially in the area of privacy and identity theft
- Collaborate with information security peers and management to ensure standards compliance on various platforms e.g., Azure, AWS, Private cloud, SaaS applications, etc.
- Initiate and promote activities that foster information security awareness and education among all relevant teams. Mentor other team members as necessary.
- Establish and provide security governance during the systems development lifecycle, construction, and maintenance of cloud technologies and solutions involving DevOps and Agile development methodologies.
- Proactively assess potential items of risk and vulnerabilities in cloud technologies and applications.
- Develop remediation plans and coordinates with appropriate service, application, and technology owners through the completion of those plans.
- Assist with establishment of cloud security controls and tracks the compliance against those controls.
- Periodically evaluate existing Information Security standards and updates according to technology advances, changes in business process and threat landscape; adjusts existing Information Security standards to align with leading cloud security practices and technologies.
- Identify opportunities to improve risk posture, develop solutions for remediating or mitigating risks and assessing the residual risk Communicates risk findings to Information Security customers and business partners
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience is required
• Minimum of 3 years progressive IT security skills, IT audit experience can be included in experience
• Experience with principal and policy based security design methodologies with understanding of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS models
• In-depth knowledge of securing cloud technologies and environments, including, but not limited to, Azure and AWS
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to develop cloud security policies and standards based on best practices and industry standards
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), strongly preferred
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), preferred
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), preferred
• Cloud security certifications a plus
• IT risk assessments & management methodologies
• IT Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC)
• Documenting security policies, standards & risk acceptance processes GRC tools
• Excellent interpersonal, written communication, technical writing and presentation skills
• Strong business analysis skills
• Able to Learn quickly, absorb and retain information, and apply knowledge when and where relevant
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative with minimal guidance
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Experience of managing a varied and heavy workload
• Ability to prioritize work appropriately
• Creative and innovative, yet pay close attention to detail
• Desire to see tasks through to completion
• Strong team player
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.