Job Code: #11103
Title: Contract Data Analyst
Job Location: WVC, Utah
Apply to this job
PDS is looking for a Contract Data Analyst. This opportunity is with one of the best companies to work for in the Western United States.
Contract Data Analyst Position
Our client is seeking an ODS Data Analyst for our Operational Data Store (ODS) Project. The individual will understand the data functionally, how it resides in the application, and as to where, and how, it lands in the ODS and how the data will flow to the reporting layer (business Objects), and other key banking delivery data targets.
- Gather, review, analyze, validate, and map system data into the ODS to meet reporting and analytical business needs
- Work with ETL programmers to validate data attributes and with data modelers and architects to assure the data is integrated consistency regardless of the source system.
- Work with source system business analysts to understand system nuances and resolve data issues
- Work with reporting teams to explain the data to customers and communicate the scope and impact of changes
- Take ownership of issues all the way through resolution including close coordination between business analysts
- Create and maintain clean, clear and accurate metadata and data mappings
- Manages the source requirements volatility, integrity and continuity via change management and reprioritization.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field
- 5+ years experience with data design, development and support preferably with ODS.
- Demonstrated ability to learn on-the-fly and drive execution of project work
- Strong data requirement gathering and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Senior level role in producing complex data mappings and communicating the result to the data modelers and development
- Requires strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills as well as strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with management, peers, and IT staff.
- 5+ years of SQL experience with Joins, subqueries, stored procedures, views, aggregation, etc..
- Understanding of data models, staging, landing and data cohorts, ODS, ETL and various schemas
- Hands on experience in Data Warehouse Data Analysis (Source Systems), Data Architecture, Data Modeling, and Data Propagation design and specification
- Understands both Oracle (source) and Teradata (target) databases as well as the VSAM data structures.
- Understands and/or worked under an Agile Methodology.
Note: If possible, candidates should provide sample documentation from previous Data Analyst experiences (i.e. data requirements & data mapping documentation) to demonstrate their written communication skills
Apply to this job