Job Code: #12074
Title: Database Administrator II
Job Location: Los Angeles, California
My client is seeking a Database Administrator II. You must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active Government Clearance. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
The Database Administrator II will assist, define, and/or oversee database organization, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation. Provides technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment. Develops applications to help solve database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases. Designs, implements, and maintains databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods. Maintains database dictionaries and integrates systems through database design. Maintains and documents shell scripts and batch processes. Ensures that documentation is complete and up-to-date. Develops and applies procedures for periodic database backup.
Candidate to provide Oracle Database Administration support, in a team environment, for multiple large databases in a large, enterprise environment. Test, install, and maintain software. Maintain and monitor database servers. Provide server administration and Oracle Database Backup and Recovery using RMAN. Provide Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) Administration. Provide SQL Server Database Administration. Assist application DBAs/developers and end-users with the resolution of problems related to Oracle, SQL and Sybase database.
- Security Clearance: Secret
- DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification and corresponding Computing Environment Certification
- Maintains data in database environment, including production.
- Carries out version control process.
- Analyzes legacy system data.
- Administers database environments that support development.
- Supports database deployment to environments other than development
- Transforms and loads data into database using SQL Loader and PL/SQL.
- Supports the development teams’ application development.
- Works with data modelers on physical data modeling and updates physical data models based on logical model changes.
- Works with other DBAs to implement physical data models in database.
- Synchronizes physical data model and database implementation.
- Serves as liaison with outside IT offices regarding database matters.
- Assists in defining back-up and recovery requirements.
- Develops code for new functionality, enhancements, and maintenance.
- Assists the technical solutions team with testing and implementing technical enhancements to the site, tools for task tracking, version control, and other operational support areas.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M IAI Level II Certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification: GSEC, Security+CE, SSCP or CCNA-Security
3 – 6 years’ experience
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position can be located at any of the below locations:
|Los Angeles||CA||New Orleans||LA||Omaha||NE||Nashville||TN|
|Jacksonville||FL||St. Paul||MN||New York||NY||Norfolk||VA|
|Honolulu||HI||St. Louis||MO||Portland||OR||Walla Walla||WA|
We are also looking to fill the positions listed below. They are also available in any of the locations listed above.
|Application Programmer II||Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer I||Software Packager|
|CNDSP Incident Analyst III||Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer II||Storage Engineer I|
|Database Administrator II||Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer III||Systems Engineer III|
|Network Architect||Remedy Application Developer||UNIX Server Engineer III|
|Network Engineer II||SharePoint Developer||VDI Engineer|