Job Code: #11596
Title: Entry Level Software Engineer
Job Location: Offutt AFB, Nebraska
My client is looking for two Entry Level Software Engineers This is a permanent position which offers competitive salary, medical benefits and a 401K plan. The position is located in Offutt AFB, NE.
The Software Engineers will work with the Global Strike and Product Support (GSPS) software development team working for US Strategic Command creating Web-based and Java mission systems supporting the Intelligence, Global Strike, and Nuclear Planning communities. The qualified candidate will be mentored by experienced software engineers and learn Agile methodologies, web development best practices, Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) design, object-oriented design and secure software techniques
- Plan, conduct and coordinate software development activities
- Design, develop, document, test and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle
- Apply knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software
- Correct program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls
- Ensures software standards are met
- Provide Tier1 customer service support to US ARMY INSCOM customers.
- Actively monitor network and TROJAN terminal operations to ensure connectivity and availability.
- Monitor network data traffic patterns to minimize choke points.
- Accountable for all aspects of Network requirements and manages the hands-on, day-to-day issues related to Networks.
- Provide system administrator support for TROJAN TDN2 Active Directory environment.
- Responsible for the hands-on, day-to-day issues related to user accounts and access to TROJAN TDN2 Active Directory and TROJAN WAN.
- USSTRATCOM/ DoD Experience
- Experience with Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) or Spring Framework Patterns
- Experience with Object/Relational Mapping Framework (Hibernate / EclipseLink) or SQL Experience with Object-Orientated Design
- Familiarity with development tooling Eclipse, GIT, Subversion, JUnit, JIRA
- Ability to develop Web or Java code in a team environment
- Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or MIS from an accredited university or college (by start date).
Required Clearance: U.S. SECRET
Salary: Negotiable Based on Experience
When submitting your resume, please include your desired rate and the best way and time to reach you.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.