Job Code: #11454
Title: ETL Developer
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona
ETL Developer Job Description:
The Senior Application Programmer/Analyst-ETL position within the Business Intelligence group is responsible for developing, configuring, coding, testing and debugging new software solutions. The Senior Application Programmer/Analyst-ETL serves as a key technical resource in the development and delivery of data-oriented solutions to support critical business needs..
• Develops, tests and implements enterprise data movement (ETL and CDC) solutions.
• Addresses system defects and implements enhancements to existing functionality.
• Works with onshore/offshore team to analyze, develop and improve ETL run times as well as produce accurate defect free code.
• Troubleshoots issues with minimal guidance, identifies bottlenecks in existing data workflows and provides solutions for a scalable, defect-free application.
• Complies with Company policy and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle.
• Participates in the definition of application scope and objectives through research and fact finding.
• Maintains productive working relationships with project sponsors and key systems users.
• Develops effort estimates for assigned application software implementation activities.
• Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
• Supports production environment in the event of emergency.
• Provides performance tuning insight to project team and creates reusable objects and templates.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, IT or related field.
• Experience with large enterprise-grade data warehouse solutions.
• Extensive experience working with multiple data movement tools (IBM-Data Stage, Informatica).
• Experience working with Change Data Capture (CDC) technology.
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Cognos, Hyperion, Microsoft SSRS, etc.).
• Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik).
• Experience with large database implementations (Oracle, SQL server, Teradata, IBM, etc.).
• Experience with Oracle Essbase.
• Experience with Big Data solutions including Hadoop.
• Experience working with dimensional modeling and slowly changing dimensions.
• Experience with Predictive Analytics and Forecasting.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT operations and support.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working on large data initiatives.
• Experience in the design and development of ETL workflows.
• Experience working with job scheduler and monitoring tools.
• Experience working with relational database technology.
• Experience with SQL scripting languages (SSIS, PL/SQL, etc.)
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must be highly technical, with a good understanding of data management tools and must be able to work in conjunction with functional users and other IT personnel to design, document and deploy the best technical solution within business timelines.
• Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization.
• Strong analytical skills and focus on bottom-line results.
• Ability to interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed information in a manner that is appropriate to the audience.
• Ability to conduct root cause analysis and performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality.
• Ability to interact with IT and business users across the organization to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.