Job Code: #11571
Title: Information Security Engineer
Job Location: WVC, Utah
The Security Solutions team is responsible for creating effective and efficient control patterns, conducting security risk evaluations, and creating security policies and standards to enable the corporation to conduct business at an appropriate level of risk. The team partners with Information Technology to establish controls for new technologies and engages with the business to design security controls for existing and new business systems and relationships.
The Information Security Engineer should have experience working within a dynamic, large business environment conducting security assessments, designing security controls, and/or defining security standards and policies. The security engineer must be effective in establishing and managing constructive, positive relationships with business and IT professionals. The security engineer must be effective in communicating to technical teams and business owners in both verbal and written form. A high degree of self-motivation and ability to manage numerous initiatives in parallel are essential.
Our client's Information Security is a highly collaborative environment where professionals across varying disciplines work together in researching security threats and engineering and operating security solutions. Security Solutions provides qualified professionals the opportunity to work with highly motivated security professionals to solve complex and interesting information security challenges.
- Three or more years in information security architecture, assessment, or control engineering
- Five or more years in combined information technology / information security experience
- Technical experience in security control design and engineering including technologies such as firewalls, web proxies, user directories, networking, operating systems, middleware, endpoint security, VPNs
- Basic Windows and UNIX operating system knowledge including network connectivity, security, and use of system tools and utilities
- Experience scripting and/or programming (shell, ruby, python, perl, java, c, etc.)
- Experience with SQL
- A strong curiosity, initiative, willingness to experiment, and persistence in providing solutions to tough technical challenges
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science or information technology or equivalent work experience
- Information security experience in the financial services industry is a plus
Please contact our recruiting team for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org