Job Code: #15062
Title: IT Operations Support Specialist
Job Location: ,
IT Operations Support Specialist
Our client has an immediate opening for an IT Support Specialist in the Glendale, AZ area.
IT Operations Support Specialist
This position will be a key member of the NOC, responsible for monitoring and acting on alerts and trouble tickets.
Responsibilities span the full range of IT Operations Bridge core functions (Network, Telecom, Platform).
Maintain configuration and integrity of computer operating systems and related software. Implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
Maximize availability of critical systems and components through advanced performance/availability monitoring and reporting, troubleshooting and timely resolution of incidents.
Quickly identify and analyze events from monitoring system. Work independently while providing clear, documented activities to include customer or technical issues.
Troubleshoot, evaluate, track, and manage problems and recommend the best solutions while escalating to higher tiers according to Ops Bridge procedures.
Follow through and assist in troubleshooting after escalating to Tier III staff. Facilitate and coordinate the flow of communications between the NOC and Engineering, as well as external vendors and third party partners.
1-2 years IT work experience working in multiple windows system environments
• Proficient in event/incident management and root cause analysis skills
• Strong ability to troubleshoot a wide-variety of IT related issues.
• Understanding of enterprise server platforms, network, voice systems, security protocols and technologies
• Ability to implement application, system upgrades, and routine maintenance
• Obtain and/or maintain technical certifications necessary for continued growth and success
• Understanding and working experience with physical and virtual environments (VMWare)
• Support and maintain end user requirements, including troubleshooting, account maintenance and training
• Troubleshoot, evaluate, and track network/systems problems.
• Knowledge with Linux/Unix system, troubleshooting and configuration.
• Knowledge of Avaya products including Site Administration
• Provide input and feedback for the use and optimization of NOC event/system management applications/tools as well as NOC processes and procedures
• ITIL certified and/or experience with call tracking /ticket management systems a plus.
• Help Desk Institute (HDI) affiliation a plus
• Experience with Managed Services, IT Integration and/or Consulting experience a plus.
• Help Desk experience as well as end user knowledge transfer experience is required.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: email@example.com
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.