Job Code: #12013
Title: IT Operations Support Specialist – Network
Job Location: Glendale, Arizona
IT Operations Support Specialist – Network
Operation Support Specialist Job Description:
Responsibilities span the full range of IT Operations Bridge core functions (Network, Telecom, Platform). This position has a specific focus on Network. Maximize availability of critical systems and components through advanced performance/availability monitoring and reporting, troubleshooting and timely resolution of incidents.
Quickly identify and analyze events from network/systems monitoring system. Work independently while providing clear, documented activities to include customer or technical issues
Troubleshoot, evaluate, track, and manage network/systems problems and recommend the best solutions while escalating to higher tiers according to Ops Bridge procedures.
Follow through and assist in troubleshooting after escalating to Tier III staff. Facilitate and coordinate the flow of communications between the NOC, Engineering, as well as external vendors and third party ISP partners
Skilled at implementing technology solutions and event/incident management support
Possess advanced expertise in core technology domains such as Network, Telecom, and Platform.
In depth knowledge of the all Ops Bridge functions and operating procedures
Serve as technical admin and assist Tier III with deployments and RFC’s as required
Provide a technical point of escalation for troubleshooting for Operations Bridge Support Specialists for issues/events/outages. Participate in on call rotation.
Assist in the development and documentation of training policies and procedures
Provide monitoring and control of the AAA Insurance Exchange WAN/LAN using all applicable Network and Systems Management Tools
Provide input and feedback for the use and optimization of NOC event/system management applications/tools as well as NOC processes and procedures
Work Experience, Licenses &Certifications
• 3 –5 years IT work experience working in multiple system environments
• 4+ years of experience as a network engineer
• Strong understanding and working experience with Cisco hardware
• Strong ability to perform configurations, installations, and troubleshooting.
• Support and maintain end user requirements, including troubleshooting, account maintenance and training
• Troubleshoot, evaluate, track, and manage network/systems problems.
• Help Desk experience as well as end user knowledge transfer experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficient in event/incident management and root cause analysis skills
• Understanding of enterprise server platforms, network, voice systems, security protocols and technologies
• Ability to implement application, system upgrades, and routine maintenance
• Obtain and/or maintain technical certifications necessary for continued growth and success
• Solarwinds, HP SIM, HP Business Availability Center (BAC), HP Operations Manager
• Minimum Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar mandatory.
• ITIL certified and/or experience with call tracking /ticket management systems a plus.
• Help Desk Institute (HDI) affiliation a plus
• Experience with Managed Services, IT Integration and/or Consulting experience a plus.
• Certification(s) in functional expertise areas such as: MCITP, CCNA, CCNP, Avaya
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.