Job Code: #12587
Title: Java Developer – Contract
Job Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Java Developer Job Description:
This position designs, develops, tests and maintains software product applications.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and applications.
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- Drives full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Drive software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Complies with all security policies and procedures, to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained.
- Ability to use Unix/Linux command line programs and create/edit scripts.
- Able to analyze results of automated deployment scripts and makes modifications.
- Able to prepare detail design documents from requirements.
- Familiar with Reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, Jasper Reports, BIRT, etc.
- General understanding of software environments and network topologies.
- Able to demonstrate OOA/OOD skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of distributed, component based architecture
- Working knowledge of networking and/or telecommunications protocols
- A solid understanding of event driven / asynchronous programming and multi-threading
- Demonstrable technical design skills (UML experience a plus)
- Familiar with TDD/BDD.
- Familiar with SOA framework, web services, etc.
- Common Developer Skills
- Competent (5+ years) Java or C# or C++ or Objective-C language programming skills.
- Competent with SQL or PL/SQL and relational database concepts.
- Experience with source code control systems.
- Experience with secure programming techniques is highly desirable
- Able to perform code reviews to ensure the code meets the acceptance criteria.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.