Job Code: #16651
Title: Lean Coach
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Staff Augment Senior Lean Coach
A Staff Augment Senior Lean Coach, works with multiple stakeholders to drive process improvement across the organization. They lead and mentor Lean projects, work with management to prioritize projects, define business needs and implement innovative solutions. They help to determine costs, benefits and return on investments on short-term and long-term process changes.
A Staff Augment Senior Lean Coach establishes and executes a calendar of Kaizen events and projects that maximizes the leverage of Office of Continuous Improvement resources. Trains, coaches and mentors others at all organizational levels to apply Continuous Improvement methodologies to improve business processes and achieve Continuous Improvement objectives. Must have demonstrated Lean or Process Improvement Implementation experience.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Facilitate learning of Lean systemic transformational principles through active coaching.
• Lead and facilitate continuous improvement initiatives.
• Transfer knowledge to team members in the agency to build a continuous improvement culture and develop leader’s transformational skills.
• Support and mentor Office of Continuous Improvement coaches.
• Extensive knowledge of structured process improvement and Lean management system frameworks.
• Experience coaching all levels of management on specific organizational management system principles and practices.
• Experience coaching and delivering presentations to a variety of audiences (executive, senior, and mid- level management).
• Strong knowledge and experience coaching others to implement Continuous Improvement principles and methods through 1 on 1 coaching.
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to focus on high-level strategic plan down to detailed tactical project plans.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong teaching, coaching, and mentoring skills.
• Ability to promote effective team development and encourage collaboration across large federated environments.
• Ability to thrive in a challenging work environment to consistently deliver quality service to the organization and help them serve the citizens effectively.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Operations Management, Engineering, or Business Administration and at least 15 years of relevant business or project management experience, demonstrating the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
• Extensive experience in implementing Lean transformations preferred.
• Experience applying lean in knowledge or service environments preferred.
• Experience in 1 on 1 coaching utilizing humble inquiry methods preferred.
• Experience in government a plus.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!