Job Code: #9973
Title: Manager – Software Engineering
Job Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Manager – Software Engineering
Manager – Software Engineering Job Description:
The Manager, Software Engineering provides oversight to an assigned group within software engineering and is responsible for managing the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and post production support, of new or existing applications. This position provides oversight and technical leadership for software engineering teams and is also responsible for the career planning, mentoring, goal setting and performance management. The Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for active participation in the continued implementation and enhancements of the Agile SDLC within the software engineering organization.
· Actively contribute toward the vision, organization and leadership of the Software Engineering department.
· Ability to envision project goals, product architectural solutions, and focus on details and tasks to ensure successful implementation.
· Ability to work independently and handle multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously.
· Provide resource management to the team by participating in the hiring process, coordinating project assignments, documenting and executing annual performance evaluations.
· Provide leadership and guidance to staff for professional development, which includes planning and coordinating training, defining mentoring strategies, and providing hands on training and education.
· Enhance and mature the Agile software development lifecycle within Software Engineering department by applying industry best practices & processes.
· Ensure the continuous improvement of the Agile SDLC by applying checks & balances around the process boundaries with regular reviews for the usefulness of steps & artifacts
· Establish, enhance and maintain industry standard best practices and processes through all phases of the development lifecycle with emphasis on Agile methodologies.
· Ensure accurate/reliable information to be within company standards including all service level agreements, and audit regulations.
· Establish and maintain positive working relationships across the organization and perform as a representative of the IT Dept. in a consultant role to other functional areas within the organization.
· Keeps management informed of department progress, problems and solutions.
· Complies with all security policies and procedures, to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained.
· May perform other duties as required.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 8-12 years of professional experience with at least 2 in a management capacity
· Experience in the development of large, Internet applications with high operational and scalability requirements.
· Proven management and leadership skills in leading software engineering teams and their interaction across an organization.
· Demonstrated experience in the development of large, Internet applications with high operational and scalability requirements.
· Experience with Big Data, frameworks such as Hadoop/MapReduce or Semantic Web/RDF technologies a big plus.
· Demonstrated experience with state of the art technology, architecture and design concepts, operating systems, database systems, computer networking, and security.
· Experience with open source frameworks and tools.
· Proven experience in Agile software development philosophy, methodologies, practices, and procedures.
· Demonstrate ability to work effectively in cross-functional groups and generate results. Must be able to excel in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
· Work experience that demonstrates a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Approved background and drug screen is required.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: email@example.com
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.