Job Code: #11410
Title: Manager – Systems Engineering
Job Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Manager – Systems Engineering
Our client has an immediate opening for a Manager – Systems Engineering in the Phoenix, AZ area.
Manager – Systems Engineering Job Description:
The IS Manager of Systems Engineering and Services will manage daily operations and provide oversight of the IS Systems Engineering and Services team which is responsible for server engineering and administration, database administration, and technical software solutions. The role will partner with other IS Application and Project teams to lead their team in the planning, design, deployment, and operations of systems to meet the overall functional and business requirements.
Overall design, deployment, and operations of technical systems and services including Server operating systems, Database Systems, and technical software solutions.
- Leads team of System Engineers and DBA’s in the delivery and operations of technical systems that align with the company’s strategic priorities.
- Partners and participates in strategic projects including assigning resources and ensuring high quality systems are delivered in accordance to project timelines and architectural standards.
- Monitors and evaluates new technology capabilities and changes in business needs and, in collaboration with Director of Enterprise Technology, develops strategies, architectures and multi-year roadmaps to strengthen and improve the computer systems.
- Participates and contributes in the technical cloud strategy including private, public and hybrid cloud strategies as well as selection of cloud vendors and implementation of capabilities.
- Defines and leads the implementation of system services on PetSmart private and public Cloud environments.
- Evaluates and tracks capacity across the server and database environments and report capacity and growth trends to leadership as required.
- Partners with IT management and other IT functions (Security and Network Operations, Communication Systems, Application Development and Support, and Technical Architecture and Planning) in the design and implementation of processes which enhance operational efficiencies and stability.
- Deploys and manages system automation, configuration management, and monitoring tools and services.
- Creates and manages operating budget and updating financial forecasts based on changes in system environments.
- Ensures appropriate system patches, microcode, and firmware have been applied.
- Ensures that new applications systems and infrastructure components adhere to defined architecture requirements and standards
- Provides technical and process expertise with regards to the company’s disaster recovery program.
- Manages significant system outages and recommends changes to the IT environment as necessary.
- Tracks, evaluates, and ensures license compliance for technical tools and solutions.
- Collaborates with vendors (IBM, VMWare, Oracle, Microsoft, others) to ensure the appropriate support model and cost is applied to all equipment and services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Technology infrastructure design, implementation, and management, using Unix/Linux, Windows, and Database technologies.
- Strong understanding of service and application delivery in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience deploying and managing systems and services on public Cloud environments including Azure and AWS.
- Proven track record of successfully creating, implementing, and improving IT operation controls.
- Experience in supporting regulatory mandates including PCI and SOX.
- Strong background in implementing enterprise systems monitoring and alerting.
- Strong knowledge and experience with enterprise Operating Systems including Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, and AIX.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Oracle and SQL Server Database platforms.
- Strong knowledge in virtualization tools – VMware.
- Experience managing Exchange, Active Directory, and other technical solutions.
- Knowledge in E-Commerce and digital applications is preferred.
- Knowledge of industry standards and framework (ITIL, ISO, COBIT) a plus
- Excellent project management and documentation skills.
- Demonstrate passion for technology and its relevant applicability to advance company interests.
- Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner to senior management.
- Ability to make sound judgments, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment without supervision.
- Proven history in management of technical team members with proper balance of coaching, mentoring, delegation and leadership.
- Demonstrate leadership and good judgment in emergency situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to communicate with customers, vendors, partners, and business managers across various levels of the organization
- Able to communicate difficult technical concepts clearly to a variety of individuals of varying technical expertise and understanding.
- Must be highly organized and capable of providing technical leadership while requiring minimal day-to-day guidance.
- Possess superior problem solving skills for a complex network topology, being able to assemble a team as needed to identify issues, root causes and solutions.
Supervises a total of 6-10 highly technical employees in the department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and coaching employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required. MBA preferred. 5+ years IS managing systems engineering teams or equivalent experience in similar roles and functions with enterprise level organizations. Serve as escalation point for 24×7 on call team.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.