Job Code: #15985
Title: Microfluidics Engineer (Mechanical Engineer)
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
IMMEDIATE DIRECT HIRE/FULL TIME POSITION FOR A MECHANICAL ENGINEER WITH EXPERIENCE SPECIFIC TO MICROFLUIDIC COMPONENTS
- Responsible for design of fluidic and micro fluidic components and integration into the overall system architecture.
- Design other parts of the system as needed. This may include motion, structure, or thermal systems.
- Work within the development process, conceptualize, think out of the box, design, test, and prepare for production.
- Work with vendors to ensure quality and design requirements are being met
- Hands on and loves to build and test, and debug any design issues
Write test reports and track any issues found during testing and build phases
- Support current products by making any needed design changes / updates
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience designing various fluidic / microfluidic components and devices.
- Experience with in line microfluidic valving techniques.
- Comfortable contributing to design of other systems outside of the microfluidics as well.
- Proficient in Solidworks 2014 or later.
- Experience with Comsol for CFD work.
- Experience with DFM and working closely with vendors to ensure design intent is realized
- Ability to work well in a team of interdisciplinary engineers
- Highly motivated and can work extra if needed to meet deadlines
- Ability to set priorities and be organized