Job Code: #11695
Title: Network Administrator II
Job Location: Huntsville, Alabama
My client is seeking a Network Administrator II. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL.
The Network Administrator II will perform duties such as site surveys, architecture design, system evaluation, system analysis, and infrastructure assessment. The managed system engineer shall perform duties on tasks that require expertise in system/processor architecture, wired for management baseline, desktop management interface, SNMP, client/server architecture, operating systems, software applications, network protocols, routers, switches, remote access servers, and firewalls.
Network Administrator II leads teams in various maintenance evolutions as well as advises Military and Civilian customers at USACE locations as well as enterprise level IT solutions when appropriate. Defines technical and physical development of the network and assigns tasks to keep the network running at optimum levels. This position requires advanced knowledge in LAN/WAN troubleshooting. Various management and administrative tasks are also the responsibility of the NA II. Reports directly to the Site Manager. Assists and supervises Network administrators, oversees troubleshooting network problems, outages, anomalies as required. Reports all pertinent information
- Security Clearance: Secret
- DoDI 8570.01-M IASAE Level I Certification and corresponding Computing Environment (CE) certification
- Individual will be responsible for overseeing maintenance and operations of switches and routers.
- Monitor availability and reliability of LAN/WAN systems.
- Troubleshoots LAN/WAN connectivity.
- Ensure outages and corrective actions are reported to ACE-IT Operations Center.
- Resolve customer interface/user issues.
- Senior VLAN administrator
- Senior firewall and ACL configuration expert.
- Use ACE-IT specified software application tools to manage and administer the network.
- Network Cabling and installation supervisor. Plan network development and expansion as needed.
- Responsible for managing shift schedules, leave requests, and various other personnel administrative tasks.
- Knowledge of sub-netting, switching and Cisco IOS and train new NA I personnel.
- Enforces network security procedures, to include the ability to identify intrusion (monitoring devices), report attempts and prevent further access by unauthorized personnel.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Bachelor’s Degree. Graduate of military or technical courses in the field of Information Technology preferred.
This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M IASAE Level I Certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification: CISSP (or Associates), CASP CE or CSSLP.
Must have at least one of the following: CCNA, CCNA Data Center, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Service Provider, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCNP Voice, CCNP Wireless, CCNP Service Provider, CCIE, CCIE Security, CCIE Voice, CCIE Wireless, CCIE Service Provider.
- Must have minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a networking environment.
- Excellent customer service skills are mandatory.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.
When submitting your resume, please include the best way and time to reach you and the salary/rate that you desire.