Job Code: #12119
Title: Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer III
Job Location: Savanna, Georgia
My client is looking for six Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer III. You must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active Government Clearance. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
The Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer will be responsible for all activities relating to information assurance procedures and systems. Develops information systems assurance programs and control guidelines. Confer with and advise subordinates on administrative policies and procedures and resolving technical problems, priorities, and methods. Consult with and advise other sections regarding internal controls and security procedures. Prepare activity and progress reports relating to the information systems audit function.
- Security Clearance: Secret
- DoDI 8570.01-M IASAE Level I Certification and corresponding Computing Environment (CE) certification
- Responsible for providing technical and operational engineering support to functional users within the ACE-IT AOR for managing, monitoring and maintaining situational awareness of the networks and systems.
- Advise on technical and operational requirements to improve performance and quality of service for all networks and systems under the responsibility of the Data Center.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments, and analyze and report identified network intrusion threats
- Research, document, and track to resolution all outages, trouble calls, virus outbreaks, and network intrusions
- Utilize the NOSC toolset to accurately analyze and report on the overall health of local deployed networks and to determine networks and systems security weaknesses and shortfalls
- Server operations to include Install, configure, optimize, and analyze system logs on Unix operating systems (Linux Solaris)
- Configure Cisco routers and switches to provide IP routing, policy routing, and access control lists (ACL) configuration
- Maintain advanced router access lists to limit access to and from specific routers on operational routers while maintaining normal WAN operations
- Provide detailed written documentation on troubleshooting steps, security issues, and findings applicable to incident response policies and procedures
- Provide technical briefings and advise to the Data Center Manager and Enterprise Operations Manager
- Train other contractors and government personnel on operations of systems and network security
- Recommend appropriate changes/resolutions in response to trend analysis information
- Examine network device and server systems logs and information gained from network sniffers or protocol analyzers to determine if possible outside or unauthorized access has occurred
- Organize and direct responses to internal network attacks or breaches of network security; follow those breaches to their source, report on how they occurred and recommend actions to ensure they are not a problem in the future. Create documentation to respond to internal attacks and breaches of network security
- Tracking and record possible intrusion or security breach from routine daily analysis
- Provide oral or written findings and explanation of events for any legal actions associated with security breaches
- Coordinate with the NOSC/IA to ensure latest know vulnerabilities are properly identified and corrected
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in analyzing and troubleshooting military networks to include the Microsoft Windows NT Server Operating System, Network router management and configuration, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft mail applications (local and remote), Firewalls, Switches, VPNs, and CRYPTO devices. Must be a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, or have equivalent experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical/electronics engineering, computer/software engineering, computer science, math, physics, or related scientific discipline from ABET; OR Associate degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Technology, Engineering, or Engineering Technology; OR Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Novell Certified Network Engineer (NCNE).
- This position requires DoDI 8570.01-M IASAE Level I Certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification: CISSP (or Associates), CASP CE or CSSLP.
- Must have at least one of the following: CISSP, CASP, GCIH, and GCED.
- Also must have one of the following CE certifications: RHCE, BCCPP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCNP Voice, CCNP Service Provider, CCIE, CCIE Security, CCIE Voice, CCIE Service Provider, MCITP Server Administrator: Windows Server 2008, MCITP Enterprise Administrator: Windows Server 2008, MCITP Virtualization Administrator Windows Server 2008 R2, MCSE Desktop Infrastructure 2012, MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE Private Cloud 2012, VCAP 4, VCAP 5.
- 6 years
- Excellent customer service skills are mandatory.
- Extensive experience with system and security design and architecture
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN, VPNs, Firewalls, Routers and switches
- Experience with software development
- Strong understanding of windows and UNIX operating systems and how they relate to network devices
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams and projects
- Strong understanding of security technologies and concepts
- Experience in design and implementation of secure network solutions including DMZs and web portals
- Knowledge of Information Assurance and Information Operations technologies and development activities
- Understanding of DIACAP and certification and accreditation program
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting your resume, please include the best way and time to reach you and the salary/rate that you desire.
This position can be located at any of the below locations:
|Los Angeles||CA||New Orleans||LA||Omaha||NE||Nashville||TN|
|Jacksonville||FL||St. Paul||MN||New York||NY||Norfolk||VA|
|Honolulu||HI||St. Louis||MO||Portland||OR||Walla Walla||WA|
We are also looking to fill the positions listed below. They are also available in any of the locations listed above.
|Application Programmer II||Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer II||Systems Operator|
|CNDSP Incident Analyst III||Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer III||Technical Proposal Lead Engineer|
|Database Administrator II||SharePoint Developer||Testing Service Coordinator|
|Database Administrator III||Software Engineer I||UNIX Systems Administrator II|
|Network Architect||Software Packager||VDI Administrator|
|Network Engineer I||Storage Engineer I||VDI Engineer|
|Network Engineer II||Systems Administrator I||VoIP Engineer II|
|Network Security/Information Assurance Engineer I||Systems Engineer I||VoIP Engineer III|