Job Code: #11365
Title: Production Operations Engineer
Job Location: Chandler, Arizona
Production Operations Engineer
Production Operations Engineer Job Description:
- Monitor system utilization, and assist in growth analysis and capacity planning.
- Troubleshoot hardware, systems, applications, and databases to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems.
- Review current systems and make technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Provide on-call technical support to various users/clients regarding operational/applications issues.
- Incorporate best practices in operational procedures and documentation.
- Assist in the evaluation of new hardware and software technologies.
- Install and debug new and/or upgraded software on server platforms.
- Maintain data center configuration standards for existing and new installations.
- Stay up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- BS in CS, CSE or in a related field and 5 years of related professional experience OR equivalent experience
- Enterprise Linux server management (CentOS, Gentoo, Ubuntu, Redhat)
- Apache/Tomcat administration
- Networking protocols, including HTTPS, TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, SSH, SMTP
- Proficiency in scripting and automation – bash, perl, python, etc
Ideally, You Will Possess…
- Basic Java JVM tuning fundamentals
- Experience with interacting with Developers and Software Engineers to deploy code and or web applications in a highly available environment.
- Docker experience
- Networking experience with Cisco or comparable devices, Enterprise Load Balancers, IPTABLES, Next Generation Enterprise Firewalls
- Experience with automation tools and OS build automation, Kickstart, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with virtual server environments, such as VMWare
- Experience with storage area network (SAN) technology
Challenges You Can Help Us Face (with optimism)
- How do we manage and scale our systems to deliver high-value applications that help small businesses succeed.
- How do we innovate and constantly improve so we can be a top-notch technology organization that delivers results
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: email@example.com
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.