Job Code: #16277
Title: QA Engineer
Job Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Our client has an immediate opening for a QA Engineer in the Scottsdale, AZ area.
The QA Test Engineer is responsible for leading the end to end quality of projects within the Company’s Web, Mobile, and other Application Portfolios. The QA Test Engineer is responsible for architecting new automated test strategies and frameworks in addition to creating, testing, and planning for both manual and automated test frameworks to optimize testing of complex web and mobile applications. The QA Test Engineer demonstrates innovation, leadership, and mentorship skills in addition to possessing a strong technical and programming/test automation skill set. The QA Test Engineer delivers creative and innovative solutions to support the development team through planning and prioritization of test design, test development, and test automation activities. This work will be accomplished within an Agile methodology or other methodologies in support of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with frequent application releases.
• Leads effort to review product specifications and work with others to develop appropriate test strategies, detailed test plans, and test architectures
• Leads formal reviews of test plans, designs, and requirements with cross-functional teams
• Researches, develops and/or recommends tools to assist Senior QA Test Engineers and QA Test Engineers in test planning, execution, and reporting
• Develops, implements, and automates test plans and test cases in an Agile environment.
• Builds or uses existing automation tools to test interfaces between systems and applications such as web services, Tibco services, or other APIs.
• Accountable for all aspects of quality within the software development team.
• Tracks and prioritizes defects throughout product releases and lifecycles.
• Uses quality control tools and metrics to discover defects and make recommendations for resolution.
• Works with Agile teams or other IT teams to plan, estimate, schedule and execute testing for applications including:
o Establishes, organizes and executes testing deliverables.
o Documents and executes complex software test plans and strategies.
o Ensures traceability of test cases back to project requirements.
o Executes end to end test scenarios.
o Coordinates and supports user-acceptance test plans.
o Works with Agile team or other IT teams to report and resolve complex issues.
• Ensures software applications meet functional requirements.
• Participates in all aspects of testing at all levels, including functional, system, regression and load testing.
• Records and reports on testing metrics.
• Follows test documentation standards and makes updates as necessary.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• Minimum of 3 years of software test experience with focus on web and mobile applications and test automation.
• Experience with software automation testing methodologies including regression, functional, unit, integration, coverage, performance and load.
• Experience testing applications that integrate with other systems through RESTful API's.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, management information systems, or related field.
• Experience with HP ALM for test management.
• Experience in Agile using tools such as Rally or Jira.
• Advanced understanding of open source web frameworks such as Angular, Bootstrap, Node.js, Express, Selenium, SoapUI, HP UFT, and HP ALM.
• Advanced understanding of web application testing tools such as Selenium, Jasmine, Protractor, and HP UFT.
• Knowledge of Cloud platforms and services such as Amazon, Heroku, Perfecto Mobile, and SauceLabs.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.