Job Code: #14143
Title: Research Associate I
Job Location: Pleasanton, California
PDS has the following open 1 year contract opportunity in Pleasanton, CA:
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE I- Part-time-30 hours/wk (9 am-3 pm)
Responsible for conducting research, development and manufacturing laboratory experimentation and other scientific activities to support projects. Exercises technical expertise and discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies. Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses. Presents and discusses results of experiments within department and project team. Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and may participate in conferences and professional societies. Follows company policies and procedures for GMP, GLP, Design Control and others as appropriate. Maintains complete and accurate laboratory documentation and electronic files. May act as principal investigator in conducting own experiments.
– Executes laboratory experiments; makes detailed observations and analyzes data.
– Prepares technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses.
– Maintains complete and accurate records.
– Normally receives detailed directions on all work.
– Makes suggestions to improve work processes.
– Assists in reducing to practice patentable inventions.
– Works on projects of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
– Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
– May participate in cross functional technical team activities.
– Presents and discusses data within group.
– Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
Reagent formulation experience
Previous lab experience
Able to lift 50 lbs
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
– Requires Bachelor degree in Science.