Job Code: #16942
Title: SDET Engineer
Job Location: Provo, Utah
PDS is looking for an SDET Lead. This person could be a hands-on manager, or just a great engineer that wants to be an individual contributor.
Our client's engineering team is an agile, value-focused team. We believe first and foremost in creating software that is easy to use. The team is developing a distributed, highly scalable data quality management platform to bring unprecedented value to our customers. To support us in our efforts, we're looking for a talented, self-driven engineer in test (SDET) with a passion for delivering amazing products to happy customers.
As a SDET with our client, you will work as part of engineering teams to design, develop and implement test automation for ObservePoint's enterprise SaaS product lines. To excel in this position, the SDET will use their professional knowledge to improve testability, robustness, and performance. They are also able to play a contributory or reviewer role in the creation of designs for production software. You will of course write integration tests and mentor other SDETs. You will collaborate with software developers, product owners and architects to plan, design and develop automation tests.
- Plan, scope, schedule and implement testing activities for projects of varying size and complexity
- Utilize test automation frameworks standards and tools, and contribute to best practices
- Implement and enforce continuous testing quality gates in the continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Write and maintain automation for select projects, such as REST web services and various Java based backing services
- Expand testing and test automation across the development teams and help the teams take ownership
- Build credibility with development teams, and teach them how to write good tests and testable code
- Communicate status, metrics, and trending of quality for the development team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Mastery of functional test principles, practices and tools specifically related to automation, pipeline integration, quality gates, and systems integration. This includes system level functional testing, where customer centric testing occurs to ensure continued delivery of user flow.
- Proven experience leading Test Engineering/QA and Automation disciplines within an organization.
- Experience with AWS, its technologies, and the risks involved in delivering reliable and resilient systems in a cloud environment
- Experience with frameworks
- Unit and Integration testing principles, practices and tools, in context of Agile Development practices and product delivery through a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with creating and running load tests
Please contact our Recruiting Team for more information: email@example.com