Job Code: #15394
Title: Senior Data Engineer / Developer
Job Location: SLC, Utah
Our client is a rapidly growing FinTech company located in Salt Lake City, Utah, and is focused on digital disruption in the $1+ trillion financial services industry. Our client's proprietary technology platform and machine-learning decisioning algorithms are changing the face and pace of consumer retail finance. Our client has a strong, supportive culture and is dedicated to its customers, merchant partners and team members. We are looking for someone who’s hard working and enjoys an environment that is mission and results driven.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. This person will be responsible for expanding our data and data pipeline architecture for double the amount of data processed on a weekly basis. While the amount of data is increasing we are looking for someone to help optimize data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. Self-direction and creative insights are a must.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our products into innovative industry leaders
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with automated workflows: Airflow, cron, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and MongoDB.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python (primary strength), Scala, etc.
- Must be or willing to relocate to the Salt Lake City metro area
Education And Background Required
- M.S. or Ph.D. preferred (Computer Science or Science fields)
- B.S. (in similar fields) combined with robust experience and certifications will be considered
- 3-5 years of professional experience (no recent graduates please)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical topics to a non-technical audience
- Team-oriented but able to complete tasks independently at a high standard
- Structured, organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive, enthusiastic and flexible
- Fluency in English, both in oral and written form
- Ability to take projects from conceptualization to implementation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Competitive salary
- Health Benefits
- Generous vacation
- Great office culture
- Ping-Pong and pool tables
- Snacks and rocket fuel
- Mac computer
- Great growth potential in a rapidly changing company