Job Code: #10698
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Location: Tucson, Arizona
PDS currently has the following open, direct hire opportunity in Tucson, AZ:
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
A leading health information technology company in the managed care market is seeking an experienced software engineer to play a key role in the new development of a hosted, web-based solution for a core claims administration system. This high-priority, high-visibility Agile project involves the transformation of current code and functionality into a new set of modern technologies to improve usability, visual presentation, performance, and supportability.
- Develops, debugs and modifies existing software and/or new products used in a local and networked environment
- Using applicable programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Participate in development teams to address business or systems issues
- Interact with product managers, business analysts, senior developers, and architects to evaluate product functional requirements and user experience
- Participates in and supports process improvement activities within the department and company-wide
- Designs, develops and supports organization’s software products
- Creates and updates the design portion of feature specifications
- Adheres to organizational processes and procedures
- Adheres to departmental best-practices for software development
- Work independently and as a team member
- Shows initiative and drive to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Provides technical leadership
- Complete special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Contributes positively to working environment, software products and support efforts
- Provide on-call 24 hour emergency support as necessary
- KNOWLEDGE: Candidate should have familiarity with architectural concepts such as Model-View-Controller (MVC), Model-View-View-Model (MVVM), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and Object Relational Mapping (ORM). Has a broad and deep technical knowledge of software development best practices, programming languages, and development techniques. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Works on and resolves a variety of technical tasks. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action, and helps to modify existing, or create new, processes in order to meet new business and technology needs.
- SUPERVISION: Can work independently or as part of an R&D or cross-departmental project team.
- EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft and web-based technologies. Healthcare, managed care, and /or Core Claims Administrative industry knowledge highly desirable.
- SOFTWARE LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Must have experience with C#, ASP.NET MVC Web API, T-SQL, front end technologies such as JQuery and AngularJS, as well as Microsoft technologies such as Windows, IIS, Windows Server, Entity Framework, and SQL Server. Must also have an understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD), experience with Visual Studio, and Code Management systems (Subversion, Git).
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related major or equivalent experience
- CERTIFICATION(S): Certification in applicable technologies is desirable
- TRAVEL: Little to none
If you are interested in and an strong fit for the above opportunity please send your MS Word resume to email@example.com and provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local? (AZ)?
2) How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.