Job Code: #16386
Title: Senior Software Test & Validation Engineer
Job Location: Tucson, Arizona
Our client in Tucson, AZ has an immediate need for a Senior Software Test & Validation Engineer. Please forward your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Thank you!
SENIOR SOFTWARE TEST & VALIDATION ENGINEER
Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of design principles, practices and implementation in complex systems and assignments. General responsibilities include test design generation, participating in design reviews, development and testing to assess performance against design specification; reliability testing, and assessment of system interactions. Makes independent decisions. Assist in the troubleshooting of issues to determine root cause and possible engineering solutions.
- Practices and mentors in the use of company concepts, policies and procedures, familiar with and follows standard practices.
- Applies functional expertise routinely on the job.
- Receives general direction and exercises considerable discretion as to work details.
- Contributes to the definition and timely achievement of overall project goals.
- Participates or leads in efforts to define new components, products or processes.
- Identifies and solves technical challenges.
- Identifies and implements improvements to work processes.
- Creates potentially patentable components for systems, or processes.
- Designs, plans and executes project related tasks.
- Designs and executes experiments to test hypothesis related to project outcomes.
- Applies advanced scientific knowledge to projects; determines priorities for experiments.
- Independently designs and executes experiments.
- Utilizes DOE as appropriate.
- Assures experimental quality through sound, independent, experimental design.
- Participates or leads cross functional technical teams.
- Establishes interfaces across other organizational groups.
- Provides technical direction and feedback to others.
- Teaches others and troubleshoots problems.
- Participates in project planning, process updates and contributes to experimental design.
- Prepares and delivers presentations of project results to others; presents data to larger and more diverse audiences.
- Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
- BS degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- MS degree in a directly related discipline + 4 years of related experience required; OR, PhD degree in a directly related discipline + 2 years of related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates success in technical proficiency, creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Expert knowledge of engineering principles and concepts.
- Understands and uses expert practices for requirements management, development and analysis.
- Mentors others in requirements engineering.
- Understands and uses the foundational processes and practices for SW planning.
- Integrates SW planning with project and program planning.
- Mentors others in SW planning processes and practices.
- Develops and uses company design practices as applied to projects.
- Understands and applies industry practices and benchmarks.
- Uses company practices for SW integration and test at an expert level.
- Develops enhanced and/or more efficient practices.
- Develops and mentors and assures growth in practices.
- Uses company practices as applied to tasks for configuration management.
- Assures project level configuration management.