Job Code: #13072
Title: Senior Systems Engineer – Windows/VMware
Job Location: Denver, Colorado
Senior Systems Engineer – Windows/VMWare
Our client has an immediate opening for a Senior Systems Engineer in the Denver, CO area.
Senior Systems Engineer
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Windows/VMware/ systems engineer who is looking to join our growing team. We are a high functioning IT team, running on a highly virtualized environment, leveraging various system technologies, to create a high speed, highly available platform. We are looking for a high level engineer with experience in Windows, storage, virtualization and Cisco UCS hardware, with experience creating HA platforms across multiple datacenters. We value technical excellence, a desire and ability to both learn and to mentor others above all else. You will have multiple architects, including a dedicated Windows architect to learn from as well as share your respective experience in a highly collaborative environment. You will also have Windows server and desktop admins and helpdesk staff that you will share your experience and help mentor.
– Providing technical leadership and support for a sophisticated, knowledgeable technically-driven organization.
– Provide near term support and long term influence on direction, design, and implementation on Windows/VMware/Cisco UCS environment across multiple facilities.
– Partner with resident Storage Engineering folks to continue to find best-of-breed mechanisms for enabling HA/DR availability across multiple datacenters.
– Continue to provide and innovate by way of cutting-edge tooling and technologies to better enable technical support staff and end-users.
– Review performance metrics and recommend tuning strategies across Microsoft-oriented environments.
– Responsible for helping drive projects which may require cross departmental coordination to achieve goals.
– Ensure solutions are appropriately meeting defining standards that adhere to regulatory compliance, Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management processes.
Skills & Experience
– Windows Server (Microsoft Clustering)
– MS Active Directory
– VMware Virtualization
– Cisco UCS Server Technologies
– Basic / intermediate networking experience
Experience with any of the following is a plus:
– SCCM experience
– Networking (Routing, Firewalls, Load Balancers)
– Microsoft certifications
– 5+ Years of existing corporate Windows systems engineering/administration experience, preferably at a senior role, or demonstrated progression towards high-function level.
– Strong Technical background of systems administration in technically progressive environments and/or mindset.
– Ability to function in a high-speed environment.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: DenverJobs@pdsinc.com
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (CO)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.