Job Code: #12596
Title: SharePoint/Network Administrator
Job Location: South Jordan, Utah
PDS has an immediate need for a SharePoint/Network Administrator.
The SharePoint Administrator is responsible for providing technical support for the SharePoint environment including assessment and implementation of new capabilities, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of SharePoint technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
Summary of essential job functions
- 2-4 years’ experience supporting a SharePoint environment
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Central Administration, STSADM, and PowerShell administration modules. SharePoint Event Log troubleshooting, search administration, and troubleshooting, concepts of a farm and the planning and implementation of Service Packs and Cumulative Updates
- Knowledge of Internet Information Server (IIS) and the basic operation of websites, Application Pools, IIS Administration, the IIS Metabase, Ports, SSL Certifications (security certificates and wildcard certificates)
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server – Basic operation, tuning, transaction log selection, backup and recovery, and maintenance planning
- Strong understanding of network concepts and protocols such as IP, DNS, Load Balancing as well as the concepts of Availability, Scalability, and Maintainability
- Understanding of Windows operating system and hardware – Basic administration of a server including service packs and hot fixes
- Debugging skills and techniques for each of the areas identified above
- Experience in a high pressure environment with the ability to prioritize and set reasonable expectations to all levels
Candidates must be proficient in performing Microsoft Network administration, troubleshooting, routers, firewalls, servers, computer repair, custom computer building, etc. The majority of our clientele are on Windows, with some on Linux and Apple.
This position is for a full-time, well trained technician ready to begin working immediately with a full skill set. Must be very proficient on Windows Networks (Server OS, Windows 7 & 8, Domains, etc). This position’s salary will be based upon your skill level.
Cell phone and full benefit package (health, dental, life insurance) are provided. A company vehicle may be provided, depending on position.
Please contact our Recruiting Team for more details: Utahjobs@pdsinc.com