Job Code: #9019
Title: Sr. Java Engineer
Job Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Sr. Java Engineer
Sr. Java Engineer Job Description:
This position provides architectural and big picture oversight for design, development, and maintenance of online transaction and batch processing applications of new or enhanced products. This includes providing leadership and mentoring to Software Engineers in the technical aspects of their assignments. Operates under minimal supervision
· Mentor and monitor Software Engineers in the technical aspects of their assignments.
· Assist in the preparation of Detail Design Documents from Business Requirements defining viable design approaches.
· Assist in the preparation or review formal systems documentation prepared by Software Engineers (e.g., Technical Document).
· The design, development and maintenance of high volume, high performance, batch processing applications in Java. Knowledge on C# and C++ is a plus.
· Validate code is designed to meet technical requirements by participating in code reviews, performing validation testing, etc.
· Ability to rapidly acquire new application development technologies familiarity and train the technical team members with the acquired technical knowledge.
· May perform other duties as required.
· Complies with all security policies and procedures, to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained.
· Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of design, development, implementing software and leading technical teams
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Approved background and drug screen is required.
· OOA/OOD skills
· Java language skills
· Problem-solving and diagnostic methods
· Software engineering principles
· Written and verbal communication skills and documentation practices
· Distributed system design skills
· J2EE based component knowledge
· SOA framework experience
· Agile processes experience
· RDBMS’s(specifically Oracle)
· Developing parallel processing systems
· Linux environment and tools
· ETL, data quality or MDM tools
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.