Job Code: #16788
Title: Sr. Java Engineer
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Sr. Java Engineer
Our client has an immediate opening for a Sr. Java Engineer in the Atlanta, GA area.
Sr, Java Engineer Job Description:
expand our team with an energetic and capable Senior Software Engineer. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the areas of providing input and development support as required by our team lead. He/she must be able to work to the highest professional standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are seeking an experienced senior software engineer to join our systems software team. The team is responsible for architecting, designing, and developing modern business solutions to support our airline customer's operations. The solutions involve heavy processing, high transaction and data volumes, APIs (many on the backend), user interfaces, and business process and workflow. The resource needed should have experience with similar systems, and helping design and develop solutions for the cloud, capable of real-time speeds, low latency, and high reliability.
In this position, you will have responsibilities for all areas of the software development lifecycle:
· Design and development of production and simulation systems
· Unit and integration testing
· Participation in peer reviews
· Support for system testing
· Ability to troubleshoot and profile code
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with the following:
· Java 8 programming language (experience with Lambda)
· Familiar with Test Driven Development
· Linux or Windows-based development environments
· Agile software development processes
· Proper multi-threading, and memory management
· Multiple different caching strategies/techniques and technologies
· Familiarity with multiple different types of data stores and their uses including but not limited to, NoSQL
Experience in or knowledge of the following areas is desired:
· Experience with Spark (Creating jobs for distributed worker environment)
· C++, Scala or Golang
· Experience with Change Data Capture (CDC) and curation of real time events
· Recognize, troubleshoot and provide solution fixes for latency/performance issues
· Cloud design and development
· Kubernetes and Docker containerization
· SOAP secured services (WSSE and shared certificates)
· CI/CD approach and toolchain
· Mainframe communication and low-level data formats helpful
· Proper RESTful API development and versioning lifecycle
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.