Job Code: #9510
Title: Sr. Linux Administrator
Job Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Sr. Linux Administrator
Our client has an immediate opening for a Sr.. Linux Administrator position in the Scottsdale, Arizona area.
Sr. Linux Administrator Job Description:
Establish processes and policies, and perform tasks needed to maintain the overall integrity and reliability of Linux, Windows, VMware and storage systems. Support Big Data frameworks and Hadoop Clusters. Meet the long-term requirements of the Systems and Network teams.
· Responsible for the design, administration, installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux/UNIX, Windows, and VMware operating systems on physical servers and virtual environments.
· Diagnose and resolve hardware related server problems (failed disks, network cards, CPU, memory, etc.) and act as escalation point for other Systems Admins.
· Support existing server infrastructure in an on-call capacity as part of a team rotation and act as escalation point for other Systems Admins.
· Recommend and implement changes to existing hardware and operating system infrastructure including patches, users, file systems and kernel parameters.
· Act as escalation point to troubleshoot hardware and operating system problems and suggest possible performance tuning and monitoring utilities.
· Work with database and application teams to gather requirements for new projects and expansion to existing applications.
· Perform hardware and operating system capacity planning for existing services and provide recommendations to application owners.
· Ability to work and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
· Recommend operating system versions and toolsets to improve security and stability.
· Seek out and implement new technologies to continually simplify the environment while improving security and performance.
· Reduce overall administrative costs by leveraging open source solutions and other innovative ideas.
· Interact with multiple internal customers and external vendors and partners to provide quality customer service.
· Comply with all security policies and procedures, to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability are maintained.
· May perform other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Systems Administrator in a medium to large scale enterprise environment.
· Extensive experience with a multi-domain Active Directory environment.
· Knowledge of data encryption methods and practices.
· Extensive knowledge of the latest version of RedHat Linux, Windows Server and VMware.
· Extensive knowledge with HP blade servers.
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft tools.
· Extensive knowledge of anti-virus software.
· Aptitude to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
· Approved background and drug screen is required.
· Knowledge of IBM MQ software, NETAPP disk storage, SAN or iSCSI storage.
· Knowledge of Big Data framework utilizing MapReduce, Hadoop Cluster, HDFS, Cassandra, and Hive.
· Knowledge of Vormetric encryption appliances.
· Additional education and/or experience.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.