Job Code: #16012
Title: Sr. Manager, HR Operations
Job Location: Emeryville, California
PDS is looking for a Senior Manager, HR Operations.
The Sr. Manager HR Operations has the unique opportunity to help build out the Human Resource infrastructure which supports our outstanding client's employees. The role requires experience in creating and implementing HR infrastructure including HR process, systems, data, compliance, and benefits.
We’re looking for someone who has experience in a quickly growing startup, setting up HR processes and procedures from scratch, and who can jump from strategy to tactical implementation without a hitch.
- HR operations: process, documentation, systems, compliance, data, benefits etc.
- Areas of Ownership
- Provide excellent customer service and act as point of contact for employees who have general questions regarding HR policies, programs, and procedures.
- Design, recommend, and implement our people operations programs, processes, and policies so they can effectively scale with the company
- Act as a liaison with our external human resources support vendors to resolve issues regarding HR and benefits administration, and any HR-related legal concerns
- Manage day-to-day people operations of the business, including time off, contracts, systems, process, and compliance
- Processing a variety of employment-related changes first on spreadsheets and later in an HRIS system, including employee status changes, pay changes, job changes, employee information and other confidential employee data.
- Coordinating the New Hire Orientation program, offboarding, and ongoing improvements.
- Developing reports and analyses regarding diversity, attrition, and program participation.
- Owning and assisting with various HR and talent management projects working in collaboration with the team.
- Maintaining an understanding of policies, procedures, and regulations relevant to Human Resources.
- Preparing and maintaining employee hard and soft copy files.
- Own the process of evaluation an HRIS system and the implantation to keep it up-to-date and effective
- Act as first point of contact and support for employee changes including relocation, immigration, leave, and day-to-day support
- Coordinate with HR and outside counsel on immigration and visa applications
- Captures and conducts data analysis of HR and employee data, business trends and results.
- Over 10 years of people ops, human resources, or related experience
- Small-mid-size HRIS and ATS experience preferred; Lever desired.
- Strong Project Management and presentation skills.
- Experience and willingness to go from strategy to planning and execution.
- Experience setting up internal people policies, systems, and procedures in a growing company
- Knowledgeable on employment law matters, employment legislation, and compliance management
- Strong interpersonal skills and a deep ability to understand what motivates others
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize actions
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment, and to juggle several projects with a spirit of flexibility and positive outlook
- Ability to write and communicate verbally in an effective and compelling manner
- Experience in startups a plus
- Experience in global companies a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; MBA preferred, but not required
- Attention to details (in an environment with many moving parts) while also maintaining an eye for the big picture.
- A strong service orientation, high level of alacrity and a desire to help others succeed and grow
- Advanced Excel experience.
- PHR or equivalent preferred.
- Qualities in the Right Person
- Shares values and belief in our vision and values
- Passion for making an impact
- Results-oriented problem solver
- Targeted sense of urgency
- Humility and confidence
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Decisive, but a good listener
- Versatile, but a doer/builder
- Independent thinker
Please contact Brian Gephart for more information: email@example.com