Job Code: #13460
Title: Sr. QA Engineer – Web Services
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
PDS has an immediate need for a QA Engineer with Web Services Experience.
We’re looking for a QA Engineer with a passion for and experience in web service testing and Quality Assurance.
The engineer will test and assure quality in web services that are used to reduce redundancy, lower costs, accelerate solution development and enhance application integration. We are looking for a strong QA Engineer to design and implement test suites for the set of services. The candidate will need good communication skills as you will interact and work with the developers and other teams to understand the business needs, User Stories, and Use Cases in various domains.
- Must have ability to develop automated test suites using tools which require them to do some development, including SoapUI, Groovy, Oracle databases, etc.
- Must have REST Web Service testing experience (SOAP experience is a plus)
- Good understanding of JSON, XML, and XPATH
- Must have experience testing enterprise-level software
- Experience testing frameworks or similar public API work preferred
- Must have good understanding of the various approaches for testing code and web services in particular
- Load and performance testing and security testing experience are required
- Web application testing experience is also desired
- Strong communication, problem-solving, technology, and collaboration skills; willing to ask for additional information and clarification
- Experience with Tomcat environments desired
- Experience with Cloud environments is a plus
- 8 years’ experience with 5+ years of core QA experience
- BS or equivalent experience
The QA engineer will work on tasks and assignments from a Team Lead but must be self-motivated. This position employs an experienced professional, using good knowledge, skills and abilities with technology, automation tools, and programming languages to design and develop test suites, test software and the associated documentation, and assure quality of solutions which sustain the rapidly growing needs of a diverse customer population including other development teams.
The QA Engineer designs the test approach, breaks down work assignments, estimates task completion time, and fulfills these assignments within the timeframe established. The customer expectation is that the QA Engineer, as a member of the technology team, will deliver a tested quality solution that meets or exceeds the requirements of the customer and is delivered within the defined schedule and cost constraints. The QA Engineer is able to work with minimal supervision and must utilize his or her experience, understanding of professional concepts, and knowledge of company policy and procedures to exercise judgment and creativity in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria in order to automate and test the solutions. The QA Engineer assures quality deliverables according to the established standards and conventions.
Please contact our Recruiting Team for more information: email@example.com