Job Code: #13533
Title: Sr. Software Developer
Job Location: Midvale, Utah
PDS has an immediate opening for a Senior Software Developer. This opportunity is with a top-notch, industry leader in the high end of the financial and mortgage industry.
Department : Innovation Technology
Reports To : MEAN Stack Development Team Leader
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for the detailed design, implementation, and testing of software solutions that enable business workflow excellence. This position is responsible for building a wide variety of software subsystems and components using the given requirements and constraints using Agile philosophy.
- Analyzes requirements and collaborates with the product owner, team members or architects
- Implements designs with little or no assistance required.
- Writes accurate production-quality code
- Builds and tests code to validate functionality against requirements and to ensure full unit test coverage.
- Participates in peer code reviews, both as a submitter and a reviewer.
- Thoroughly documents code and design.
- Accurately estimates and tracks personal work.
- Proactively raises issues and communicates accurate status to project managers.
- Works effectively in an iterative, incremental software development lifecycle wherein priorities, requirements and scope evolve, sometimes rapidly, over time and often mid-project.
- Assists in the development and presentation of manuals, user guides, and other materials relating to client products.
- May provide staff and clients with training and technical assistance relating to new, existing, and revised products.
- Responsible for conveying an understanding of technical product functionality to clients. Provides post-release support to internal and external customers.
- Helps identify improvements in the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrates self-development by staying current with new technology and design patterns.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Should have 3 – 5 years of developing software experience in a commercial software development environment; Minimum of 3 years leading a software development team of 3 or more people.
- Proven ability to design and develop large scale, complex applications
- Strong experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices.
- Open Source technologies
- Building web services and RESTful services.
- Version Control, Build & Release Management tools using Open Source tools.
- Relational and non-relational databases
- Building world-class web applications using the MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js, Node.js)
- Prior experience in product development background preferred.
- Deep knowledge and experience in practices like TDD, CI and CD.
- An understanding of DevOps methodologies.
- Strong leadership, time management, problem solving skills and resource administration.
- Knowledge of various design patterns.
- Extremely proficient and passionate about following Agile Engineering practices (e.g. XP/DDD)
- Ability to work in an environment with high degree of ambiguity (previous start-up like experience could be helpful)
- Exhibit a high level of individual initiative and ownership.
- Passionate, Self-motivated and driven, with keen attention to detail, action-and-results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as strong logical, analytical, problem solving skills and reporting skills.
- Able to present ideas in user-friendly language.
Environment, Physical Demands and Other Conditions:
- Experience with in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to work after hours
Please contact our Recruiting Team for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org