Job Code: #13829
Title: Sr. Technical Writer
Job Location: Riverton, Utah
PDS has an immediate need for a Senior Technical Writer:
This position provides information and communication services as well as leadership that enables our client to hasten and enhance their work. This position bridges business and technology perspectives to deliver excellent communication for Web applications, public Web sites, and other IT services. The role of the technical writer is complementary to and synergistic with the role of the business analyst. Can broadly perform all technical writer competencies for one or multiple projects. Keeps pace with discipline trends.
Key Relationships: UX Manager, Product Manager, client Project Team
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Education, or a related field with a strong emphasis in technical writing.
- Typically has 5+ years of professional experience in in a communication and technology environment.
- Fully competent professional. Ability to write and edit content. Research procedures. Organize ideas. Revise legacy documentation.
- Knowledge of current industry best practices in user education.
- Understanding of effective interaction design principles.
- Working knowledge of Technical Writing software – Madcap Flare or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Camtasia, a plus.
- Encourages a culture of user-centered communication and knowledge sharing
- Leads communication plan creation and execution ?
- Creates communication plan creation and execution, such as:
- a) Documentation for engineering process and technology documentation, user education (e.g., help files, training materials).
- b) User research and testing for context of technical writing content.
- Supports user testing and validation to ensure that the user education supports the end product
- Evangelize usability through technical writing value and deliverables.
Technical Writing Aptitude
- Working knowledge and application of these competencies:
- End-user assistance
- technical writing
- marketing communication
- user research
- and testing
- Works with minimum supervision, conferring with Lead or Principle superior on unusual matters.
- May be assisted by entry/Junior or another technical writer.
- Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Has appreciable latitude for unreviewed action or decision.
Please contact our Recruiting Team at: email@example.com