Job Code: #12655
Title: Sr. Web Developer
Job Location: West Jordan, Utah
PDS has a client that is the expert of supply chain management – with over 28 years’ experience. The company prides itself on building people, growing their customers, and being innovative in all they do.
The senior web developer is responsible for developing and maintaining systems, processes, and applications for our client. This person will focus on building and optimizing systems essential to operating and managing data and hardware within the company.
The following is a list of typical duties for this position:
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements, envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle, determining design methodologies and tool sets, completing programming using languages and software products, and designing and conducting tests.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting and studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Create multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Complete application’s development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; and troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance the organization’s reputation by accepting ownership of the accomplishment of new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Support and develop web application developers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
Duties of this job may require occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of objects weighing up to 30 lbs., working in an office environment, operating various office equipment, sitting for long periods at a time, stooping, bending, twisting, and being exposed to various noises and temperatures. Some travel may be required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of demonstrable experience in software development including C#, PHP and/orRuby/Rails in a professional capacity.
- Knowledge of relational database design and modeling.
- Thorough understanding of MVC design patterns.
- Experience developing web services and APIs.
- Experience developing enterprise software solutions in a team environment.
- Demonstrable track record of achievements in new product development.
- Demonstrable proficiency with Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Ability to work with others to accomplish tasks and projects.
- Ability to initiate and participate in design/architecture creation and review.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project efforts and mentor team members.
- Experience utilizing Agile/Scrum development methodologies and tools.
- A passion for learning new technologies and using your knowledge to improve systems and processes.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Self-motivated, requiring little supervision.
- Great Work Environment
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, PTO, 401(k) and Holiday Pay Offered
Please contact our Recruiting Team for more information: email@example.com