Job Code: #16275
Title: Talent Acquisition Operations Manager
Job Location: Emeryville, California
PDS has an outstanding opportunity for an Operations Manager in Talent Acquisition. This opportunity is with a rapidly growing, disruptive firm in the East Bay.
Our client was inspired by a single, transformational idea: harness the power of big data to produce timely content that enables consumers to lead richer, healthier, more fulfilled lives. With deep roots in technology and publishing, our client harnesses the disruptive power of Big Data, creating unparalleled insights into consumer demand and the science of content. Their titles uniquely serve the needs of the reader, enjoy consistent profitability, and delve into the long tail of opportunity. They have an enterprising, collaborative culture and are backed by leading venture capitalists. They use proprietary technology to identify and meet consumer demand by delivering timely content in sync with the market. They are an intellectually curious team made up of driven analysts, editors, designers, marketers, and engineers based in the Bay Area and New York City as well. They are aggressively expanding the breadth and depth of our portfolio in cooking, specialty diet, health and wellness, mind, body and spirit, parenting, kids, business and more.
The Talent Acquisition Operations Manager will play a vital role in leading execution excellence, continuous improvement and measurement of company-wide recruiting and talent processes and programs. The successful candidate will work closely with all members of HR and the business and will be responsible for designing, implementing and management of key recruiting and talent programs, including but are not limited to: Systems and Process, Analytics, Job Distribution and Media, and internal Program Management. The role will also be the liaison to external vendors, both existing and future.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Talent Acquisition, HR Leadership Team and other stakeholders in the implementation and management of key Talent Acquisition programs. The Operations Manager will effectively develop, plan and implement the delivery of these processes and programs, while continuously improving execution and measuring success. This is a great opportunity for someone who has well developed analytical, project management and HR/recruiting functional skills to join a team that values teamwork to achieve exceptional results. This hands-on partnership role requires a highly collaborative individual to serve as a trusted advisor and coach to the business in a high-paced environment in an early stage hyper-growth company.
• Own and optimize all hiring tools and systems related to recruitment. The systems include Lever, Docusign, sourcing tools/ job distribution, and all other software and technology supporting recruiting.
• Optimize recruiting processes across the organization.
• Manage and continuously improve existing programs, such as AAP/EEO, Contingent Workforce Management, Internship, Immigration etc.
• Build strategic and operational partnerships with the Human Resources team.
• Responsible for project managing, planning and executing programs from start to finish while leveraging appropriate change management processes and analytics to ensure programs are rolled out to the business in a timely, well-coordinated manner.
• Coordinate and project-manage the annual calendar of Talent Acquisition in partnership with the HR Leadership Team.
• Manage all KPI reporting for Talent Acquisition/ create custom reporting and dashboards
• Ensure accurate and confidential record keeping.
• Evaluate and mitigate talent risks by leveraging business analytics and processes.
• Ensure the highest standards of ethics and integrity by providing coaching, support and escalating critical issues as appropriate.
• Train and coach the HR community and others on the deployment and effective execution, measurement and tracking of Talent programs across the organization.
• Work closely with the Head of Talent Acquisition to identify innovative ways to continue to grow and support the HR Function.
• Other duties and projects as assigned. Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
• 8+ years professional Human Resources experience. PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
• 5+ years Program/Project Management experience with implementing company-wide processes and programs.
• Demonstrated experience creating and driving clear, effective processes to support outcome delivery.
• Demonstrated proficiency leveraging analytics. Ability to interpret data and connect the dots to form meaningful recommendations.
• People management experience and strong leadership capabilities.
• Project and program management ability to plan, identify, coordinate and track critical activities, milestones and deliverables with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Process improvement and systems thinking a track record of utilizing continuous improvement methodology as a business practice.
• Past experience with Lever preferred.
• Strong analytical skills and expert excel experience.
• Influence and negotiation ability to present ideas effectively, represent the best interests of all stakeholders, guide discussions, shift thinking, enable stakeholders to express concerns and goals, propose best path forward and drive alignment at all levels of the organization, including at the senior levels.
• Innovative and proactive problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations.
• Superior customer service orientation.
• Initiative to work independently and within a dynamic team environment.
• Candidate must have excellent verbal, written, listening and influence skills and be able to present facts clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization.
• Possess strong analytical, time-management and organizational skills. • Candidate must have solid team skills and be able to work efficiently and effective with associates at all levels of the organization.
• Action oriented self-starter.
Please contact our Recruiting Team for more information: email@example.com. This role will be with a team where data drives their decisions. Where culture matters. This organization puts their customers first and they embody their company core values. They are entrepreneurial and focused in their approach. They challenge each employee to experiment and drive results while feeling empowered to do their best work each and every day. Full-time, on-site position where benefits are 100% paid. GREAT opportunity and we look forward to discussing the role with qualified candidates.