Job Code: #16526
Title: Technical Business Analyst
Job Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Technical Business Analyst
Our client has an immediate opening for a Technical Business Analyst in the Scottsdale, AZ area
Technical Business Analyst
Technical Business Analyst’s main responsibility will be analyzing and documenting technical specifications and data mappings from Business Requirements to provide accurate direction to application developers. The Technical Business Analyst will leverage their analytical skills, knowledge of application tools and techniques to drive the development of services and analytical solutions that meet the business requirements.
Technical Business Analyst owns requirements development (technical specifications and data mapping requirements), rationalization and prioritization in partnership with business partners. They work closely with IT architecture and development teams to insure product development meets design criteria and deployment timelines. They partner with business customers to insure business understanding and utilization of the deployed product, including contributing to business training efforts. They coordinate with other Analysts to insure alignment of middleware solutions across business domains.
The Analyst compiles information into various formats, may create executive briefings with supporting documentation and presents information to executive and operational leadership in written and verbal form.
• Interface with executive and operational management to determine integration solution requirements
• Define and document reporting metrics and how they are calculated from source system data. Analyze source data systems for content, write technical definition specifications, report layout/mockups and test scripts
• Develop requirements for scorecards and reports which communicate metrics, goals, and performance-to-date
• Collaborate with and guide development resources to rapidly develop integration assets. Insures consistency and adherence to enterprise standards
• Works with business customers on an ongoing basis to continually improve and refine middleware solutions
• Identify and analyze performance trends, including drivers of performance and forecast impact on future results. Where applicable makes recommendations on use of information to improve results, including recommendations on changes to business processes
• Provides research, audit and analysis of complex data needs.
• Strong understanding of business processes and integrated transactional systems
• Sustain a credible rapport with key stakeholders
• Other projects pertaining to management reporting, performance tracking, and business process improvement as assigned
• Document production issues, resolutions, and root cause
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
• Degree in business, statistics, or information systems or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years experience in a business or technical analysis role
• Strong SQL (Structured Query Language) and data extraction skills – ability to extract and manipulate data from common data base systems (Oracle, SQL Server, etc)
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with Agile style project management techniques
• Ability to work independently or in a group setting
• Strong business writing/presentation development skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to provide constructive feedback to management
• Ability to clearly present written and verbal information to executive management
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to probe underlying business need
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience with business intelligence, mobile and web development environments.
• Experience in workflow modeling, data modeling, process engineering, REST
• Understanding of integration process, tools, technologies (ESB, SOA, ETL, API Modeling)
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks for efficient work output.
• Ability to adapt effectively to changing priorities.
• Strong communication skills, ability to clearly and concisely describe problems to varied audiences.
• Ability to foster effective collaboration and teamwork.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Ability to interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed information.
• Strong analytical skills and creative thinking abilities.
• Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.