Job Code: #10511
Title: Teradata DBA
Job Location: WVC, Utah
Productive Data Solutions (PDS, www.pdsinc.com) has an immediate need for a Teradata DBA. This opportunity is with an outstanding, growing firm in Salt Lake City.
General Job Description:
The Teradata Administrator (TA) directs or performs all activities related to the Teradata platform which include but are not limited to designing, developing, implementing, monitoring and maintaining the Teradata database platform and its related processes. This platform initially will focus on setting up a new operational data store but will expand quickly to include other business intelligence related reporting/systems. This position will work closely with data modelers, developers, business analysis, management and other DBA’s. The TA will establish policies and procedures pertaining to the management, security, maintenance, and use of the database system. The TA will assist in the training of employees of the proper use database access and use. The TA is expected to stay abreast of emerging technologies and new design approaches.
- Perform installation, configuration and upgrading of server software and related products
- Plan and build database instances
- Create and modify physical database objects
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Provide performance monitoring and tuning for the ODS, data marts and other applications interfaces.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges)
- Provide support tool evaluations and purchase recommendations
- Provide technical leadership in the installation and setup of the RDBMS database/platform architecture.
- Work with Systems Administration in the deployment and support of the ODS and other BI platforms.
- Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams
- Participate in the establishment of development and installation standards
- Provide a strategic database direction for the organization
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Plan for platform growth and changes (capacity planning)
- Work productively in a team environment, providing technical direction to other team members including contractors and employees
- Provide 24×7 on-call support and disaster recovery support as necessary
- Interface with software/tool vendors for technical support.
- Provide project estimates, plans, and schedules
- Communicate effectively with business and IT staff across functional departments
- Work with management and staff to establish and maintain consistent processes for the data warehouse environment
- Provide assistance and guidance to Application Services, Operations, System Support and the business partners as needed
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current and emerging technologies and standards
- Provide technical direction to management and users
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related field and 8+ years of information technology experience. A combination of education and experience may meet requirements. Candidates with appropriate experience but without a bachelor’s degree will be considered.
- 3+ years experience as a Teradata DBA
- 3+ years experience with specific responsibility for support of business intelligence/data warehouse environments
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing an operational data store or enterprise data warehouse solutions is a must
- Expert knowledge in SQL and database procedural languages
- Expert knowledge of relational database design concepts
- Expert knowledge of Teradata tools and loading methods
- Teradata certification is a plus
- Good understanding of both database and system performance tuning
- Good understanding of UNIX shell script programming (Korn Shell, Bourne Shell, etc.)
- Good understanding of UNIX/Linux operating systems and tools
- Good understanding of systems administration functions and activities is a plus
- Good understanding of Change Data Capture (CDC) tools and how they function is a plus
- Good understanding of the Oracle database, related utilities and tools is a plus
- Good understanding of database security management
- Knowledge of mainframe platforms, files and utilities is a plus
- Knowledge of all phases of the system development life cycle
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Strong testing and debugging skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership & responsibility for development and maintenance projects
Please contact our Recruiting Team for more details: email@example.com.