Job Code: #15938
Title: Tier 1 Cyber Security Operations Center Analyst
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
PDS has an immediate need for a CSOC Tier I Support Analyst
Our client is becoming the premier Co-Managed IT Partner in the MSSP Industry. They pride themselves in being a workplace that works hard, serves our clients with professionalism, superior knowledge, and has fun every day.
They are a business-driven, fast growing, cyber security risk management company (MSSP) that provides high contact, risk management (GRA, RPM) and managed detection and response (MDR) for clients globally. Our work environment is highly technical, creative and a continual learning environment. They work as a team to solve hard problems and develop scalable solutions for our local and global clients.
The Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) Analyst is an exciting role that is in the center of keeping our clients risk posture aligned with their business goals and standards. The successful candidate will report directly to the Manager of Global CSOC Operations, and be responsible for information security event analysis, alert and alarm response, and other CSOC duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team of CSOC Analysts in onboarding and monitoring Clients systems with state of the are tools. SIEM and Network administration skills are highly desirable. It almost goes without saying, that opportunities for growth and advancement are guaranteed to those who demonstrate excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, have good experience in several IT disciplines, and have an insatiable history of learning.
If this is You, we want to get to know you.
Skills Required and Job Responsibilities
We’re looking for someone with a range of experience in hardware and software technologies that can flourish in a team environment:
- Can deploy and maintain basic network security tools
- Understand appropriate information security architecture to include the balance of C I A
- Knowledge of tactics of threat actors and attack vectors and methodologies
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and the underlying protocols
- Ability to perform basic Packet analysis
- Understanding of Netflow and Packet data processes
- Experience in two or more of the following technical domains: network/host-based intrusion analysis, malware analysis, forensics, or cyber threat intelligence
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing and interpreting security/system logs for events, operational irregularities, false positives, and potential incidents and escalating issues as appropriate
- Familiar with exploit techniques, mitigation strategies and counter-attack methodologies
- Create and deliver customer reports
- Responsible for monitoring, utilizing, and understanding security tools such as anti-virus, endpoint protection, network analysis, SIEM, and other essential security solutions
- Working in a CSOC that continuously monitors 24x7x365 and has shifts in a 6 AM to 6 PM office environment
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours security and/or engineering issues
- At least 1 year of experience as an IT analyst with expertise in at least one technical domain
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, such as system admin, network engineering, or programming, is desired. IT experience can substitute for a formal degree.
- Certificate for Network+, Security +